Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Things you find in a video game

Was surfing through my video game folders looking for some sound effects to use on the next Space Opus episode when I found some MP3's in Steel Panthers: World at War, a WW2 version of my favorite battalion-level combat game. Besides a few orchestral pieces dedicated to the 101st Airborne, there were two versions of "Never Be Cold Again" by Beth Smolko. Wow. Google led me to the song's story in the SP:WaW game forum.

Apparently Beth is not currently in the recording business and okayed the use of the song as long as it was properly credited. Most of the forum posts are over three years old; perhaps a little renewed attention will get her to produce more beautiful stuff such as the acoustic version embedded here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004