Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Housecleaning

I've resolved to convert my hermit's den into something that wouldn't frighten my Mother should she ever be motivated to visit (ain't holdin' my breath on that one, though). My spare bedroom is a PC Graveyard...I should sell off at least the two oldest desktops and put a guest bed and dresser in there.

I've been living quite miserly on just my AF pension...you'd think in all my spare time, I'd have an immaculate house and yard? If I wasn't a lazy sluggard, maybe. Must. drag. myself. away. from. the. computer.

Got to figure out how to sell stuff on EBay...I'll keep the DVDs I never watch, but I figure someone out there is looking to fill out their LaserDisc collection. And a mountain of CDs I never play. Then I'll take an armful of my gun safe's Bastard Stepchildren to a gun shop to sell them on consignment. It's not like a Firestar or Browning BDM is going to accrue value in another decade.

Don't get the idea that I'm teetering on the edge of poverty...I've just liquefied some of my mutual funds to pay off the truck and the credit card and restore an emergency/discretionary cash fund. Might not have to be a Cheap Charlie again this coming Christmas. And with some free time until college classes next year, I ought to go see the Grand Canyon and Tombstone while I have the chance. Yeah, I'll blog it! That's the ticket!

I'm blogging this to cement my resolve to actually do it.

No, that's not my real couch. Now, replace the cans with once-fired brass....

7 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger John DuMond said…

    Oooh, Tombstone. I went there once, back in '97, when I was at Ft. Huachuca for the AATTC PIC course. A few of us went at the end of the last class day. Unfortunately, we got there too late to see the gunfight re-enactments, or tour the Birdcage Theater. It's a cool town, though. Some day I'm gonna drag the wife and kids out that way and make 'em suffer the boredom as I check out the sights.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think of all the cash you could get recycling the empties. Put parts of a scrap B-52 wing in the bottom of each bag and you'll make thousands.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should also consider craigslist. They have local listings...
    http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/az
    http://tucson.craigslist.org/
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just sold a Land Rover on Ebay for a buddy, If I can sell that english piece of shiat, I can sell whatever you got. Sold the Mitchell Arms .45LC today and picked up the S&W 4506-1.....I am jazzed

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know a guy that collects laserdiscs...

    You want I should put you in touch with him?

    freddyboomboom at gmail dot com...

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    Hey Blob,
    Do yourself a favor and while you're headed to Tombstone, book a trip to see the Kartchner Cavern. IIRC, tickets are limited to 1000/day, and you'll want to reserve them ahead of time. At the link above, scroll down to the "Cave History" section. The "extraordinary precautions" mentioned in the last sentence translates to the park being funded by the state as a "black" project to keep vandals from ruining it before the state could open it. It's well worth your time.

    FWIW, Tombstone is the one place that I revealed my CCW status. The family had insisted on getting one of those old-timey sepia photos taken of all of us. It required that I remove my cover shirt to put on the fake-cowboy clothes. Normally the men just make the change out in the open, and the women behind a screen, but I had to make the photographer understand why I was reluctant to take off my cover shirt allowing all to see my Glock23c.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    AZ-L,

    I toured the Caverns shortly after they opened it to the public. Quite awesome!

    I'm considering going to Tombstone already in costume...don't have to hide the sixgun then, unless Tombsone has laws against open carry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004