Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Candy

Eye candy...ear candy...Alicia Keyes qualifies for both/either. She's got unmistakable vocal talent and a look that transcends the R&B genre or racial barriers (come on "white guys, " can you say you wouldn't want to tap that?). VH-1 Insomniac Theater has finally got past their Green Day hangup and gotten into a more soulful sound. Although I don't care much for Hip-Hop, I've got a major jones for soulful rhthym and blues. Rose Royce, Stevie Wonder, Robert Cray...oh, yeah...that Whitney Houston album. Now they're putting out some real salsa...not Madonna's La Isla Bonita. I could probably be providing more detail, but I'm sipping 50/50 anisette and vodka and life is good...but not that intelligible. Dave Matthews is providing filler and some other band is playing piano in the middle of a deserted gas station. Damn. I still can't track down the name of the band, but Alicia Keyes is on again. Damn, she's fine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Firehand said…

    No two ways about it, she's a good-looking woman.

    Nice voice, too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004