Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

More to the Mess

A friend dropped by a box of assorted ammo and brass that looks ages old. She only shoots 9-mm, so she thought I might be able to do something with it. Mmm...got some .270 Win., .243 Win., .30-30, about six rounds of .45 ACP, some arrow points, and an SMLE magazine loaded with .303! I'll chuck the corroded stuff and probably give the .30-30 to my brother. The .270 looks good enough to offer up to the match league's annual auction. I'll toss the brass in as a filler.

Another cardboard box with assorted ammo...just what I need. I apologized for the mess, but she's used to it. She admired my ammo stash. Gave her four boxes of Greek 9-mm to take with her. My brother bought me two cases a couple years ago; my Uzi doesn't like it (doesn't like much of anything). I so need to go plink with some of the nines someday. And try cowboy action shooting. And get the Garand dirty. But I'll probably just play 3-Gun monthly...at least I'll be mixing in the SOCOM and single-stack .45 for a little variety.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Be wary of the 30-30. If it's got lead bullets, it may be black powder, and as such,the cases should never be used with smokeless. My gunsmith has shown me a lever action that exploded because of increased chamber pressure, caused by smokeless powder charged in a case that had been used for black powder.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004