Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

High Flight

My latest Adobe AfterEffects project is an animation of the memorable poem "High Flight." The narration is the same as an old TV sign-off clip from the 1960s, featuring the most awesome aircraft in the world, the F-104 Starfighter. Nowhere is the narrator credited, but it's a good guess that it's the recording Orson Wells made in 1926 for Reader's Digest.

This poem is my favorite of all time. I had them print it on the back of my retirement program pamphlet when I finally left the USAF. It's only fitting that my retirement flag flew aboard the aircraft that shared a body with the F-104, the U-2 Dragon Lady, the ultimate High Flight aircraft.

Enjoy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004