Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

I Coulda Swore


...I saw a Phantom yesterday. Turns out I did, though I don't know from where it came. I read somewhere all the Luftwaffe F-4Fs at Holloman NM went back to Germany. A pilot-flyable Q-F4? Privately owned, maybe? I brought my camera and a telephoto lens along just in case I saw them again.

Today I saw my first F-22 Raptor turning and burning over the Base, then practicing vertical Hammerhead/stalls/reversals or whatever the zipper-suited Sun Gods call them. Muy cool.

Update: At least I know why they're here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous JP said…

    It's air show season. Always fun stuff to watch in the skies over DM.

    Do you know if we're getting a show this year? I've not seen one mentioned, but I have not really been looking, either.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I think Aviation & Arizona Days skip a year or two. I know there was one last year, so....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004