Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why, SIG, Why?

I'd stopped in to the BX today before school, picked up Tom Clancy's new hardcover, then ambled back to the gun shop to see if anything was new. I noticed a SIG-Sauer P250 in .45 that was selling for what I later learned was a trifle over MSRP, which is a great deal when you're not paying sales tax. An older gentleman handed back a piece he'd been handling and asked to see it before I could speak up. Unfortunately, I was so helpful with advice related to DAOs and the SIGs I already own, he bought it right off before I could get my hands on it. Of course, it was their only one in inventory.

Granted, the gentleman was better off with the pistol than I was, since he was shopping for one and I was fighting the impulse to buy a gun I don't really need. I was curious about the new offering, so right before class, I surfed for some reviews on the P250, then visited the SIG Store. What freaked me out was that SIG offers a paddle holster for the new gun, which includes an accessory rail... but the holster covers the rails!



Looking at GLOCK, I don't know whether the Rail Generation changed their holster dimensions... there doesn't seem to be much difference. Are the SIG folks waiting for Fobus to make a useful holster for them? Actually, I haven't seen anyone else make a holster for an accessorized GLOCK, so maybe they are.

Does the BLACKHaawk!!!1!! Serpa Level 3 w/light fit the bill? I guess, what I'm trying to say is that gun makers probably don't believe that accessory rail is really useful if the only holsters they provide for that model don't accommodate the rail in use.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    I heartily agree: I've got a H&K USP compact that I slung a Surefire TLR-2 from, and if there's a holster out there for it, I'd sure like to know where.

    I realize that most of us don't use that accessory rail, but it also seems as though a manufacturer can't sell a gun without one. I'd think that there was at least enough demand in the holster-buying public for these things to be available from someone, somewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004