Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Lambourghini


The reason I haven't been posting much this week is that my nose has been buried in the Operations Manual for this baby, the RED-ONE HD movie camera, known as the Lambourghini of digital movie cameras. Hopefully, they'll have some dolly tracks erected by tomorrow, so I can practice some dolly tracking shots... just in case our Director of Photography gives me a chance to take some shots during principal photography.

Being the ever helpful Armorer, I brought a spare rifle scope into class today to let the Director experiment with a thru-scope shot for the movie. I think that would be best done through the magic of post-production, but I'm just a camera operator. Since he wants to somehow mount the scope to the camera, he's going to have to track a moving target (and hopefully LEAD the target a bit, so all the gunnies watching don't shout BULLSH*T!). We shoot next week!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger AnarchAngel said…

    Panavision is dead, and they don't even know it yet.

    Oh their cameras are great; but at many times the cost per unit capability, and no sign of dropping those prices, they're dead.

    Their cost structure simply cannot compete.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004