Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Perfect Gift

I suck at gift shopping.

This year, since I'm blessed with family, friends, and flamesticks in my gun safe, I decided to spread out some of the gunly goodness to some of the hoplophiles closest to me. I originally thought to give my Colt HBAR to Alan, but then I remembered that he'd asked me to build him an AR a la BoG2...but he never told me what features he wanted. It was too late to build anything anyway, but I got an idea. I offered to upgrade Lil Bro's 2nd Party AR (Pac West) to the Colt, if I could have the gently-used PW to gift to Alan (I gave the PW to Lil Bro after I got the Colt). Al could then try out the HBAR-clone and decide what features he'd change... then either build his own rifle, or switch out the upper or lower to suit his tastes and needs.

It was a win-win for everybody! And Alan got to keep the whole thing instead of me helping him drink the bottle of single malt scotch I usually got him! Now, to entice him to visit Arizona to try out some matches....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004