Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Answers

Folks, I already have a Dillon progressive press (in addition to a couple of RCBS rockcushers). The reason I got out of reloading is that I'm not very good at it. The first batch of .45 wouldn't cycle in my Para; I've got to learn to be more meticulous (anal, in a good way). I took the pic at this angle so the layer of dust on everything wouldn't be obvious.

I promise to wean myself off Wolf ammo (except for 9-mm). The offending cartridge was from the very last of a 1000-round case that caused me no trouble otherwise. The case I just opened is of the lacquered case variety (the offending case was not). I also have a half-case of 62-grainers on hand. "Brass-only" is on my ammo Christmas list this year, but I figure using up the rest of the Wolf .223 is still statistically safer than me shooting stuff I reload myself.

As for pistol ammo, too many of my guns don't like the .40 and .45, but my Uzi runs great on Wolf 9-mm. After its trip to the gunsmith, it'll tolerate Winchester White Box, so that might be an option after I'm through the next case.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Oswald Bastable said…

    Try living in NZ where the only affordable ammo is reloads!

    $39/100 for wold .45acp IF you can get it!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny you should mention reloaded .45 not working in a Para. I almost gave up for the same reason.

    Then I put the same ammo in a Kimber, and a Colt, and it worked fine. It may not you your reloading skills, it may be the gun.

    Good luck,
    AE

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    None of my .45s had had a very high-round life. Tried 'em in Jon's well-worn-in Para and they worked fine. The point of the thing was to reload for myself, not my friend :)

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger catfish said…

    Damn Blob, you've got to reload so you can turn into a brass whore like the rest of us!!!

    I've got two presses now - a Dillon 550 for .40 and 650 for my .45.

    Couldn't live without 'em.

    You need some reloading help, let us know!!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Wait a minute, you have multiple presses? I am so jealous! I'm wanting to get back to loading my own but I don't think Santa is listening to my requests.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I've got multiple presses in a roomful of allergenic ferret dander and ankle-grabbing linoleum sharks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004