Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Gone Fishin'


Stage 4 ("Cuckoo's Nest") kicked my butt. Besides leaving behind an unengaged steel popper (hidden behind the one shown at right), I missed one clay pigeon (launched by a falling popper) and missed the swinging target; I got one shot at it, then my next round jammed nose-up. I stopped shooting, gambling that the one shot scored an A-zone hit (successful engagement) rather than spend the time to clear the jam and engage further. I lost the gamble.

I lost more time when, instead of simply engaging the safety and grounding my shotgun, I was determined to ensure it was open and empty. Of course, it wasn't empty, because I hadn't engaged that hidden popper! The 870 jammed closed, so I had to bang-rack it on the table. Something else for the gunsmith to look at.

Of course, Jon shot it much faster.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Daisycat said…

    Thought I'd mention a gun smith I've taken Kate (my 380) to. Harry Lawson gunsmithing Co. at 3328 N Richey Blvd.
    It's on Fort Lowell and Dodge area.
    I've been very pleased with their work and Kate likes them too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004