Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thumpers



Oh, ya might want to turn the sound down/off if you're watching this at work.

Had a good turnout, but we hit the stages at their thinnest; so much so that we had a spare body to video shooters on only two stages. Jon is happy about that after the fact; he eschewed the kneepad for You Know Squat, then dropped to a knee anyway. The results were six penalties that will add 30 seconds to his stage time...I snuck a pic for posterity after the stage was taped.

Update: Results were posted! Jim just squeaked ahead of me near the bottom of the 17 carbine entries. We were the only two shooting .308 Heavy Metal. Jon placed third using his muy fast Bushmaster .223.

I was second out of five Limited (Pump) Riotgunners. Jon had the second best time of nine Auto gunners in one stage, but his Squat stage dropped him to second worst.

It turned out that there were many more multi-gunners than normal; I recognized most of the extras as Superstition 3-Gun regulars. I guess they are practicing for the Big Match like we are.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I told the damn hostage to jump right. He must have thought my right. Oh well, I guess I'll see him in court.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn that looked like fun! Maybe the music got me all excited *chuckle*

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How loud is the SOCOM shooting through the barrel like that?

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    No louder than an AR with a muzzle brake.

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Jerry The Geek said…

    So, you got a Failure To Engage (FTE), eh?

    I've never done that.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, but that's pretty damn loud!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004