Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Smile...


(Lil Sis Thought Bubble: "Must Kill Brothers For This...")

Lil Bro and I decided that a .22 would be better for BinkerDad's First Gun, so we gifted him Dad's H&R revolver. I don't think Dad ever shot it.

Anticipating much objection from hoplophobe Lil Sis, we made sure to emphasize all the safety and marksmanship instruction Lil Bro will provide (unless he waits for my next trip back to try it) and I chipped in a trigger lock for it. Lil Sis' New Years Eve birthday box included matching eye and ear protection for them both, cleaning supplies, and a big stuffed bear for the Binker (whose birthday is next month). Here's wishing them a safe Happy New Year and may they both be enthusiast plinkers on my next return!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said…

    Yay!
    New shooters!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A .22 is a great first pistol- the ammo is dirt cheap and you need to shoot a lot to get good results with a pistol!

    Quiet, easy on the hand- especially for new shooters- plus they are just plain fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004