Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Earthlink, You Suck!

My first nights here, I could connect via dialup from both Mom's house, where I'm staying, and Lil Bro's house. They're in the same area code and phone exchange, yet different counties, and after a couple of days my ability to dial in from Mom's went away. Earthlink lists one other number that I suspect would be a toll call from Mom's, so I'm basically incommunicado from her place; tonight, the connection from Lil Bro's sucked royally (the handshake sounded like signals from Voyager picked up by a 70s transister radio). Service like this tempts me to dump them when I return to AZ and get a real ISP.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Hey, he lives!!

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bob,

    Have you checked your email lately? I got an email from the SSMM3G staff informing me I was picked in the lottery. If you got picked you have to respond to the email so they know you want to shoot the match. You better get picked dammit!

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    I gave up on Earthlink 5 or 6 years ago. Nothing good out of Atlanta except I-75...

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I weaned myself from EarthStink a few months ago. Got hooked up with AT&T ($14.99 a month for a year, then $29.99) DSL. It's a world of difference. EarthStink just doesn't get the concepts of 1) billing regularly, and 2) customer service.

    Cut the cord! Cut the cord!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004