Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Just a Coincidence

Dillon Precision's January calendar girl is sporting a custom Springfield auto, just like BoG (Box of Gun -- a decades-old project gun featured numerous times in my archives), which I've decided to run again in the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun Match in March. Funny thing is that Dillon is no longer the Big Match Sponsor (DPMS is) but Dillon's getting more of my business than ever because the SMM3G has tinkered with the definition of Heavy Metal class. I guess some 10-mm Colt Delta Elite fans had some influence with the match poobahs, because the pistol component is now limited to steel-framed 1911-style single-stacks of at least .40 caliber, with magazines limited to eight rounds. This means all the 10-rounders I bought from Dillon last year are kinda useless. There didn't seem to be any leeway for down-to-8 -loaded ten-rounders in the rules, so I splurged for these Chip McCormick mags and some base pads (BoG's magwell makes the base pads desirable).

Jon and I were darned lucky to have survived the lottery to make it into the match this time...I wonder how many of the Big Name Sponsored Shooters made it--no, wait, what am I saying? I guess I'm lucky there's still room for money-paying peons in this match.

Well, Duh. Despite getting a Ford Mustang calendar and the customary Biker Chick calendar for Christmas (plus all the free calendars Mom unloaded on me while I was home this Christmas), I couldn't make a January purchase at Dillon without getting a set of Dillon Precision and Dillon Aero Calendars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004