Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote Aqui

I might not be much of a community pillar, but I give blood when I'm due, report for jury duty with enthusiasm, and vote in every election.

I consciously avoided injecting any local politicking in this blog. I don't dislike Guv'na Janet enough to bother (though I didn't vote for her), no local judges pissed me off, and I couldn't tell one mine inspector from another.





As for ballot propositions, these are a matter of personal choice. I tend to vote down anything that raises taxes, impinges on individual rights, or makes America less American. Think of all the trees they'll save next election without all that Spanish on the ballots and mailing material!

In a fit of mischief, I wrote-in Lisa the Biker Chick's name for Administrator, Vail School District #20.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it sounds too stupid to be true, cost more money, or is going to make buying things that taste good and will shorten my life more difficult to obtain........Vote NO! Billy Budd


    Great minds think alike!

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    I've got to say that dragging along a camera to the polling place is a nice touch that has never occured to me. I like you, donate blood (due again later this month), am happy to represent the community on a jury (last year was in the pool for an 11-week [Yikes!] death penalty case), and vote every chance I get. I'll probably forget the next time, but noting the importance of voting with a picture is something more of us ought to do.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    You know, commas are our friend.

    My second sentence would be much better if it read...

    I, like you,...

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Hey, it's ok to like Cowboy Blob. He's a cool dude.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004