Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Man Law?

Cheney's Got a Gun Part 2

Vice President Dick Cheney will spend Election Day on his first hunting trip since he accidentally shot a companion last February while aiming at a covey of quail on a private Texas ranch.
Actually, while he may have been trying to aim the quail, based on results he was aiming at his friend's head.

Here's hoping he has that beer after the day's activities, which really oughtta be Rule 5.

Lifted in it's entirety from David "Don't Call me Dave" Codrea's War on Guns.

No drugs or alcohol in you or on you.

After Sunday's match, I might even add "a good night's rest" since I shot the match on three hours' sleep. On the very first stage, Jon had to give me a loud "Muzzle!" warning since I very nearly broke the 180-degree rule holstering my gun. Sure, I'll blame that, rather than admit someone with my experience can have a brainfart every now and then.

Yup, found out that three well-spaced yummy beers don't count as "off the wagon" as far as my screwed up sleep patterns go. I cut myself off to ensure I was clean long enough "from bottle to throttle" but my brain decided I was sober enough to run in hair-trigger sleep mode that I suffer whenever I'm swearing off the booze.

Fortunately, I had a short after-match nap before attempting the drive back. And last night? Three hours sleep...no nap today...I'll probably be snoring on the couch by halftime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004