Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Today's Racist Post

The Man at GOP and the City says this North Korean soldier, shown at top pelting a journalist with a rock, throws like a girl.

Having the utmost respect for some girl throwers (like Arizona alumnus Jenny Finch, center), I must say that the Nork's throwing style is no more girlish than, say, Byung-hyun Kim's, of the Colorado Rockies (bottom).

I was able to watch the 2001 World Series at work...in Korea...with Korean co-workers proudly and eagerly watching their hometown submarine hurler, then relieving for my Arizona Diamondbacks, on the largest stage in world baseball. I was allowed to do so because we kept the TV on the Korean channel and attributed it to Language Maintenance for us Americans...and it at least kept the Koreans in the office (no doubt they would have found the game on elsewhere).

I think the Koreans were more embarrassed than pissed at me when I called Kim an S.O.B. (kaesaegi in Korean) right after he served up his second game-losing home run in New York. If I wasn't so pissed at losing those games to the hated Yankees, I might have said he threw like a girl.

Who knows? After the communist regime collapses (soon, I hope), that unknown NK soldier might end up a marginal pitcher in the Rockies farm system. He can't be much worse than Kim.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So. You were in Korea and not Navy. Army?

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    USAF...the ribbons on the sidebar are mine.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger azlibertarian said…

    Kim may have blown those two games, but the Yankees went home ringless.

    azlib.
    --not a sunshine D-back's fan--

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was this racist or sexist? Did I get both in one post?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004