Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Practice it

Remember this pic from last month?

I still haven't figured out what sort of ATR it is, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

But, thinking about the caption subtext, I realized that I have a Ruger 10/22 in the back of the gun safe that not everybody has -- a .22 Magnum!

When I'm too old to stomp through the prickly pear thickets, this will become my winter bunny-hunting piece.




20-mm Solothurn...close. Could be a cigar there.




Firehand wins a cigar! It's an Finnish Lahti L-39 ATR.

Photo from Wiki.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    here's my guess on the ATR - a 20mm Solothurn.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    I think it's a Lahti, Finnish 20mm anti-tank rifle

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger AnarchAngel said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger shooter said…

    So that's what they look like. Damn, I bet that is a blast (pun intended) to shoot!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please use kbarrett or just my first name when refering to me online.

    I would like to avoid becoming as un-employable as KdT.

    And yes, I do own a lahti.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Fixtit

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tanx....

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said…

    For you history buffs that have archived your REALLY old copies of the Rifleman, go back to the late 50's-early 60's, and turn to the last page in the mag, where the milsurp sales outfit from Fairfax, VA used to always have a page.

    You will find these Lahtis on sale (pre-GCA68) for $195, and ball ammo for $0.95/round.

    Now, in the early 60's, that $195 represented quite a lot of moolah...my wage as a Western Union (CTA Union wage) Delivery Boy was $1.10/hr, and it was considered a good living wage. That meant over a month's pay for the weapon, and about an hour's pay (after-tax pay) per round.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004