Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Jeri Ryan Was Playing with Blocks

When ITC Entertainment broadcast UFO to American audiences.

Set in the future (1980s), when people drove turbine cars and dressed like Ringo Starr, SHADO (Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation) operated secret bases on the Moon and underwater to thwart an alien invasion. I don't remember why all the girls on the moon wore silver catsuits, purple wigs, and space-whorish makeup...but I knew what I liked (and so did they).

Just threw this post up since my
Space Opus referenced the series and I didn't want my younger readers totally confused. Great links at this fan site.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger John DuMond said…

    I remember that show. All the men wore Nehru jackets, cars looked like spaceships and sounded like jets, and aliens were sneaking down and snatching humans to harvest their organs. Cool show.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004