Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, September 04, 2006

First Year Out

But what did I do for that first year after retirement?

Road trip!

Competed in three GSSF Glock Shoots (AZ, CA, and PA), monthly Cactus Matches, and the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, natch.

Played amateur stuntman/extra in Ghost Rock.

Worked as a one-night production assistant in a Hallmark Channel's DreamKeeper near Colossal Cave.

Shaved my head...learned that's a bad idea in the Tucson summertime. That's baldheaded me, sitting in my old seat (ANA1) on the Electric Herk at an Air Show.

Witness/defendant in the U of A Law School's Mock Court (thanks for the free dinners, Kirsten!).
To those of you soon to retire from the military, I heartily recommend you schedule some exploration time before you enter the civilian rat race. That is, if you have the resources. I'm about to re-enter the race after another breather...'cuz resources are nice!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Hey, I haven't found it's a bad idea yet. But then again the top had been baked to a golden brown long ago.

    The best part is *no more sweat-drenched hair*! Woo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004