Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Well, Since I'm Already Itchy

As you can tell from my time hacks, I've been up since Oh-Dark-Thirty. After cruising the early morning blogs and comics, I answered Squiggy's beating on the Ferret Corral plexiglas. Hmmm...dish is almost full, water plentiful, litterboxes can wait until tomorrow. You want some attention don't you? I picked him up and gave him some facerubs..."Uh, No, Thanks, Just a Yogurt Raisin, Please!" Why you little...you're my Little CuddleBear! I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you, and call you George! All this commotion woke Lenny, who seconded the Raisin motion. I woulda cuddled him too, but I was already feeling itchy; I gave them each a treat, then washed thoroughly.

Almost jumped into the shower when I noticed the sun was just coming up. Why not work in the yard while it's still cool out? I'm already itchy! I filled a garbage can full of tumbleweeds and tree trimmings and pledged to do this every week until the backyard is habitable presentable again. That might take a while, but I've got incentive: I bought an American Flag last month and I refuse to fly it over what my yard had become through my negligence and laziness. That and someday I might have a cookout back there with someone other than myself. My few forays back into dating have not been conducive to swearing off hermitdom...or incentive enough to make even the inside of my house presentable.

Just found out from my neighbor down the street that he was burglarized last weekend. Took a lot of stuff AND his truck, which was found on fire downtown. This is a very quiet neighborhood, so I was really surprised to hear that. I've always counted on my place looking already burglarized to deter stuff like that , but I've got to do better, especially with all my match gear that usually litters the foyer. "Darn, somebody got here before us--Wait! Look, assault rifle magazines!" Gonna lock that stuff up.

Took a long hot shower and shed most of the itchiness that comes from contact with ferrets and Sonoran desert flora. I'd have tackled the litterbox problem too, but I was hungry and made breakfast instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004