Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Have a Java

I used to drink half a (10 cup) pot of coffee a day, then would pop the carafe into the fridge and microwave a few cups the next day. This week, I've been using a bigger coffee cup (my collection is huge)...and I drink a whole pot per day now.

Another thing that's changed is that I've used up my big can of Folger's and have been sucking down Millstone flavored coffees, Irish Cream and Hazelnut Cream mostly. Before you launch a great big DUH at me, the Folger's had a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg added, so it was more than just a generic cuppa joe. I think it's just the cup.

No, I'm not a quivering wreck; I can no longer slurp down coffee to stay awake...my afternoon nap usually comes right after my third or fourth cup. Of course, either the nap(s) or all this coffee might be why I never get more than four hours of sleep at night.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    try a can of cafe bustelo, from mexico. good and good for you. kills parasites by the thousands.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger BobG said…

    You're actually a light drinker; I used to drink 2 or 3 pots every day. After a heart attack last year, I cut back to only 1 or sometimes 2 a day. The coffee did not contribute to the attack, however, it was mainly due to a bad diet, sleep apnoea, and stress. So much for the IT industry...

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger AnarchAngel said…

    I used to be a full pot a day guy; but that was before blood decided it liked to come out of both ends of my digestive system.

    Now I'm down to a few cups of coffee, and a 2 liter (or more) of diet Mt. Dew a day. Just as much caffeine, not nearly as much acid.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger AnarchAngel said…

    Actually at one point I was up to six pots a day, btu that was jsut stupid. My habit stabilized at one full pot, sometimes two, for years.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Joe Verica said…

    I must admit, I too am an addict. I spend a pot of starbucks a day. It has turned me into a junkie. I posted an article to the effect last week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004