Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Not BAG Day Gun

No, this is not my BAG Day gun, but it's just as much fun having the new setup as having a new gun!

When Jon stopped by yesterday, I made him immediately guess the identity of my BAG Day gun, cuz I couldn't wait until April 15th to show him. He guessed Glock pistol or Bennelli riotgun. He guessed wrong. When I showed him that, all the hints I've been dropping clicked. Y'all will have to wait until April 15th, or when someone guesses it.


I also got Jon to commit to shooting pistol-caliber carbine in lieu of rifles at the 4th Sunday Practice 3-Gun Match...then showed him the Implement of Kick-Ass with which I hope to beat him. I had removed the carry handle and Trijicon Reflex II from the 9AR and mounted the EOTech Holosight and GG&G back-up iron sight. (This pic is rotated 90 degs left on my Desktop, but every time I upload it to Blogger, it shows up like that.) Funny thing about the BUIS is that I never intend to use it--I'll keep it in the down position and flip it up in the unlikely event the Holosight quits during a match stage. I'd keep it up if this was my home defense gun, but remember, I'm as tactical as Deputy Festus...my nightstand gun is a double-barrelled 12 gauge.

Oh, I have Kevin Baker to blame thank for this little set-up; he showed me the same kit on his tack-driving AR at our latest Blogger Shoot. BTW, it's a little crowded between the BUIS and the EOTech because the model that takes AA batteries is a bit longer in the body. I don't see this as a problem for match use.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do you like the cheek weld on that ace stock? I've considered getting one.

    -SayUncle

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    It feels pretty good...and kinda creepy at the same time. Not used to having padding a stock.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004