Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Quality Outfit

GG&G is a Tucson company that makes quality tactical firearms accessories. Now, I'm as "tactical" as Deputy Festus, but many of their goodies have application to the 3-Gun Game, so I found and bought one of their gadgets from a distributor (R&A Tactical, also a local firm) at the latest gun show. Eager to try out the new toy, I decided to install it on the 9AR...but went through every hex wrench in the toolbox without finding a fit. I whipped off a Email to GG&G about the problem, asking whether there was supposed to be a hex wrench supplied, and if not, what-the-heck size was it? In a couple of days, they answered that it was 9/64 and they'd be happy to give me a wrench when I stop by (I told them I was local).

That was a classy thing to do. The smart thing to do would have been to identify the hex size as 9/64 in the docs--or include a wrench with each part--or make the part using a common hex size. Tell me, how many of you have 9/64 SAE hex wrenches in your toolbox?

Anyway, check out their site. I'll blog my new acquisition in the near future.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    I never knew there was such a wrench.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    I got a little Craftsman hex-key set in a red/clear heavy plastic "bag" - it's my only non-metric set and checking it I find that it has one of them 9/64... Out of the whole set I only use the Third-smallest (5/64 - WTF?) to tighten the Hornady collars on my dies. I have no idea where the set came from, everything else (dirtbike stuff, down in the garage) is metric.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I probably have 3-4 sets of hex key sets. Plus 40-50 odds-n-ends. Your birthday's comin' up soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004