Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

IE SuX0R

I'm concerned about the Cowboy Blob browsing quality of 54% of my readers...my friend uses IE and when accessing my blog, the entire sidebar appears at the very bottom of the blog. When I accessed it on my computer today in IE, the downloading stopped mid-word in my 2 April range post--the sidebar didn't appear at all. On single posts, everything seems normal. Also, comments appeared full-page instead of pop-up, as I opted in Blogger.

Any similar/different experiences for those of you who haven't made the Firefox switch yet?

7 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger VileBill said…

    No shit!! Mine does the same thing!! I switched to Firefox long ago, so I never saw how IE bollixed my page. Weak!!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've noticed the sidebar phenomenon myself. When I access my blog from other people's computers (who don't have firefox) my sidebar apears at the very bottom.

    When I check my blog on my work computer using IE, it looks fine. I haven't figured out what the difference between my work computer and other people's computers are yet. If I do, I'll let you know.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said…

    It's never had a problem with in IE for me. Maybe it's resolution.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    I was also going to suggest it might be resolution based, mine looks pretty much the same in each browser except for a bit of background color that sticks/tiles out to the right side - I run at 1280x1024.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is this "IE" you speak of?

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Heh...Josh, you kidder.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger trainer said…

    While it could be resolution, it could also be how the template for your page is written.

    Placing sections like the sidebar et al can be accomplished several ways via html...including absolute or relative placement.

    This affects how the page views when (1) you change resolution, or (2) make the window smaller.

    If you look at my page you will see that I have changed it recently and haven't quite worked out the kinks. The sidebar will 'stay' without dropping to the bottom, but the name of the blog will not when you make the window smaller or change the resolution.

    www.the-trainer.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004