Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vote for the Gunnies!

Head on over to Countertop Chronicles and vote for your favorite Gun Blog. You'll notice that someone nominated my humble blog for a couple of categories, in which I'm trailing like a fat kid chasing the rapidly accelerating ice cream truck.

I don't think I'll be doing anything of the Carnival of Cordite this week. For its 45th iteration, it's limited to .45-caliber-related articles. Well, all my good .45 stories have been told, even the one about shooting a TC Contender in .45-70 Gov't. It's in my archives entitled "Stupid Fun Power" or something.

I will be taking my favorite .45 (BoG) to the Pima Tactical this Sunday. It's a four-stage 3-Gun match the Pima Pistol Club puts on every 5th Sunday. I'll be competing in the He-Man Class (some call it Heavy Metal: I'll bring single-stack .45, .308 rifle, 12 guage pump), so I know I'll suck. Classes (Open, Tactical-Scope, Tactical-Iron, and He-Man) are based on equipment, not skill level, and cash prizes are awarded to the top shooters in each class (and some further down depending on the number of shooters in that class).

If you're interested in watching, welcome! Bring eye and ear protection. If you want to compete, more welcome! I estimate a safe round count as 100 rounds pistol, fifty shotgun (birdshot, but bring at least half a dozen slugs), and about 150 - 200 rifle. Rifle is very open-ended round count-wise, because you can spend all day on the long-range steel if you keep missing! If you don't want to drive all the way to Catalina AZ, you can wait until I blog the match next week!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did you train the hamster to play the harmonica?

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    That's a ferret! Any and all costumed ferret pix on my site are from The Ferret Company's calendar shoots. On Sundays, I blog my own ferrets, past and present, and those of friends.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    That's pretty close for me. But Jensen's on Prince is closer, and that's where I'll be this Sunday shredding paper.

    I have a feeling I'll have to check things like this out sooner or later. Daisycat is already rumbling about how she's going to be bored with indoor ranges soon.

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    NOTHING is more fun than running through a course of fire, shooting a pistol/ riotgun/ carbine as fast as you can! It's even better when you hit the targets! Let me know if you'd like to get together for a range day. If you're interested in trying the 3-Gun Game, I'll lend out any gun but BoG for firsttime shooters...once. I had a coworker abuse that privilege a few too many times.

    Daisycat won't be lonely for female gunners to bond with. There's usually a few ladies out at each of the venues I frequent (I shoot up in PHX more often than locally because I love the combat league up there).

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That .45 is beeeouuuutiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004