Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

ATTN: 9-mm AR Gurus

Can anybody tell me the format intended for these 9-mm AR magazines? They've all been modified with a notch at the rear of the mag body. I've actually got three types of bodies: Uzi (body 2 and 4), those with lozenge-shaped openings forward of the mag body (body 1 and 3), and body 5, which has no openings other than the one cut into it.

I haven't tried these in over a year, but I recall body 5 (a 40-rounder) working best, but still badly.


The backs of the mag bodies have a variety of cuts. I just don't know which one the intended correct magazine is supposed to have, because the kit used doesn't seem to have been marked anywhere.



Here's the hammer and bolt...it's a bit dirty (I was so disgusted with its performance that I didn't clean it). Anybody recognize the kit?








Update: Tam has a Body 5 magazine which she calls a Colt. I hope buying a brand-new Colt mag will solve my problems....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    I just took some pics; I'll put 'em up at my blog.

    Have you tried Colt mags?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004