Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Lynx for the New Year

Trainer at Because I Say So is building a sweet AR from the ground up. Anyway, I hope it'll be sweet; I know what trouble can come from building your own firearm.

Da Goddess has been feeling under the weather over the holidays. Drop her a line to cheer her up!

Jerry the Geek has rootin-tootin' shootin' movies!

Kirk at Fun Turns to Tragedy enjoyed some gunly goodness over the Holiday.

A couple of days old, but major league Gun Pr0n at Head's Bunker. Mmm...AKs!

Go to Geek w/45 for the funny, gunny picture; stay for the writing. You'll have to stay. Bring a bottle for the host and a blanket for the pajama party.

Josh Poulson, Wet Blanket or Mature Voice of Reason? I'm leaning toward the latter, but not leaning toward the ladder before I make my bladder gladder. Where'd that come from?

Jack Army has a great post on the value of a college education following military service. I'm still mulling over what do do with my GI Bill...leaning towards Film School at the moment. Sounds like fun.

I never got to drive any of Dad's tractors like Og did for his grandfather, so I never had the adventure of driving one with my pants on fire.

Tam at View from the Porch posted some of her trademark Gun and Knife Pr0n. [Checks own scant knife collection. Might have to try that....]

Jay G at Toys in the Attic posted his Guns of 2005. Unfortunately, they weren't all incoming.

THEGIRL at Texican Tattler was visited by the Dillon Fairy this Christmas. All this caused her to slap on a toolbelt and make manly grunting noises.

Michael Bane reports that Shooting Gallery's Gun of the Year is a Cowboy Gun! Sure, it comes from Brazil...they have cowboys, right? Imported from Argentina, perhaps? I'll stay a Ruger man, though, unless someone buys me a Taurus...and perhaps a few hundred thousand rounds of .45 Colt. I've got nothing in that caliber so far and no intention of starting soon. May Michael recover from his encounter with the Evil Dentist.

In Milblogland, Sgt Hook has a story about a train ride to the Army-Navy Game for some very special passengers.

David at Random Nuclear Strikes scored some pretty sweet guns in 2005. Personally, I scored some cool bagpipe MP3s from the Analog Kid at the same blog.

Myron at Southern by Blog! has an Email from a disgruntled trooper not exactly basking in the Holiday Spirit. I know where he's coming from. Having spent a lot of my career in a hardened bunker, I guess that would make me a FOBBIT.

All kinds of good stuff at Scott Boone's Speed of Thought, but the best is the story of a WSJ reporter becoming a U.S. Marine. Money quote:

..."It's an honor, you know, to get somebody from the dark side to come over to our side."...
Chris Byrne at The Archangel lists his guns come and gone in 2005.

Still waiting for Billy Budd's range report of his first .45 Auto at American Dinosaur. Or did I miss it?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the love!

    May 2006 prove to be the best year for EVERYONE!

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And thanks from RNS for the linkage too!

    AK

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the link!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004