Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Welcome to Nashville

I think my brain just got tasered this morning.

I went through the drive-thru at Hardee's to get breakfast, and I ordered a biscuit and a small iced tea. When I got the tea, it wasn't all the way full - it was about an inch an a half low. I pointed this out to the girl in the drive-thru window and asked for it to be filled all the way up. Her response was mystifying.

She said, "You don't want to fill it all the way. When all that ice melts, it's going to overflow."

That rattling sound you hear is Archimedes spinning in his grave.

h/t bd

8 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    I think that was the point where you should have pulled "Brandine" through the drive-thru window and beat her with the biscuit.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should watch her force all them teabags into the back of the dispenser. Then again where would all of the liberal arts grads work if it weren't for the fast food industry?

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Barb said…

    Er, NOTR - I think you mean "COBOL", which is an acronym for COmmon Business Oriented Language. (Thereby demonstrating my age)

    The girl obviously went to the Wile E Coyote school of physics!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Daniel Levesque said…

    This chick is ignorant as a dropout.

    www.ravingconservative.com

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A friend sent me over here. The perp hasn't got a clue about high-school physics. :) Here is what I wrote to my friend:

    Oh let's see if I can remember any physics. I think the density of ice is just slightly less than water, mostly because of entrained air but also because of that dip in the density-temperature curve that occurs at about 5C.

    That being the case, there will be an imperceptible difference in the liquid level when the ice melts. No, I think she's a weener... not a physicist.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Where the hell is there a Hardee's in Tucson?

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    It's in Nashville, courtesy of my lawyer buddy bd. See the title and Hat tip? :)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    D'OH!!

    "Welcome to Nashville" SHOULD have whacked me with a ClueBat.

    Dopey me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004