Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, September 16, 2005

So Much for my Diet

After the fridge disaster, I'd marked lots of previously frozen meats for cooking in the next few days. First up, a bag of boneless chicken breasts...I dumped them all into my crock pot, slopped in some olive oil and spices there and cooked it all down into a spicy shredded chicken pile that I forked into Tupperware and stored away into the fridge and freezer. Had some for dinner yesterday...mmmmm. Without even cleaning the crock pot, I dropped in the half-thawed packages of turkey sausage, a jar of sliced mushrooms, spices, and a partial jumbo jar of spaghetti sauce. Had that for lunch...Great!

I've got another pack of chicken that I've been monitoring...I squeezed it into my mini-fridge's freezer compartment...I think this one will get the cream of mushroom soup and canned veggie slow-cooked treatment tomorrow. Trouble is, this is all genuinely yummy food that, essentially, I'm motivated to prepare before it spoils, where otherwise, I'd be living on peanut butter on flour tortillas because I was too lazy to cook. So, I've got all this frozen and refrigerated food handy now, so I've got to fight the urge to nuke some macaroni and meat sauce or spicy chicken burrito fixins late at night...sure is tempting.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't the fridge fixed yet? You should be able to freeze all those meals you made.

    Maybe be more drastic with your diet.

    Option A: Mixing more than 1:1 of Diet Coke vs. the Cap'n Morgan.

    Option B: Add more fruit to your diet, i.e. Lime extract=Cuba Libra

    Option C: Dump the litter box into the kitchen trash can, keep it there... aroma-therapy.

    Option D: Imagine pressing your face into the Superdome's 50-yard line. Those dry heaves should suppress any late night cravings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004