Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

God's Team

When I asked my little brother why he always roots for Notre Dame football, he gave the answer that inspired this post's title. Well, I'm a bad Catholic, and I know he sleeps in until the NASCAR races start, so I really wonder how conflicted he feels when Notre Dame plays Boston College. My own college football loyalties follow a hierarchy more confused than Michael Moore's illegitimate parentage:

1. Penn State (and man, have I been suffering for that!)
2. Tennessee
3. Notre Dame
4. Arizona
5. Any Big Ten team
6. Any SEC Team
7. Air Force
8. Anybody playing Florida State
9. Navy
10. Arizona State

Beyond these, I tend to favor Texas over, say...Oklahoma! Where the wind goes sweepin' down the plain, and Washington State, because I happen to know a graduate from there. And Maryland! Because I'm really an alumnus, since I took a Basic Algebra class from their Pacific Division back in 1986. I'm a two-year graduate of Clep Universary.

I was pretty happy with ND upsetting Michigan today, inspiring me to post this. Now, if Ohio State (4) can only bump off Texas (2) tonight!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Countertop said…

    Heh,

    relegate Penn State to its rightful place, and I might just be able to get you in the Rocky Top Brigade!!!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Okay....
    1. Penn State
    2. Penn State
    3. Penn State
    4. Penn State
    5. Penn State
    6. Tennessee
    7. Penn State
    8. Notre Dame
    9. Arizona
    10. Any Big Ten team
    11. Any SEC Team
    12. Air Force
    13. Anybody playing Florida State
    14. Navy
    15. Arizona State

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004