Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bloggers for Beef Jerky

I had just started paying closer attention to the Jerky Wars documented by Milblogger Mustang23 at Assume Command, when MKL of Southern by Blog!!, a fellow Fusileer of the Spirit of America campaign, asked for my help to stifle the Beef Jerky Nazi's efforts to reduce the flow of tasty dried beef to our boys and girls deployed to the Sharp End.

There was no doubt what side of this squabble I would take. What self-respecting ersatz cowboy could be against beef jerky? As I've mentioned in my roadtrip posts, jerky is a great travel food and delivers protein and flavor in a portable, stashable form. The principals in this conflict have declared a cease-fire, but that doesn't mean recruiting should stop. Check out Bloggers for Beef Jerky and the enemy at Beef Jerky for Dummies. Then decide whether the next CARE package you send overseas should contain either nutritious American beef jerky or prunes and banana chips.



Apologies to Frank Cho whose Liberty Meadows artwork I hoarked without permission. Same for Oberto, but I'm sure they don't mind the advertising.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger CJ said…

    I actually think that graphic supports OUR cause more than the Bloggers for Beef Jerky Cause. We at Beef Jerky For Dummies are very appreciative of the plug. ;o)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Andrew said…

    But it is an accurate rendition as it depicts us peaceful, happy Jerky lovers being oppressed by you mean Jerky Haters.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Remember all, there is a ceasefire in effect. When it's time to be offensive to the Jerky Nazis, you'll know it.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Opps sorry - thats http://www.bulkbeefjerky.com and http://www.beefjerky.cc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004