Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Saallluuuttte!

The day winds down...I've taken my afternoon nap, thanks to waking up pre-dawn and enjoying a post-dinner rum and Diet Coke this evening. Now, instead of using Craig Ferguson's show to close out my evening, I slogged through an evening of repeats to finally see a Time-Life infomercial for a set of Hee-Haw CDs. Damn them!

Nothing could have brought my childhood viewing zen further to the forefront unless it was a shill for Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In...I have yet to see Time-Life tackle that. Today's Nashville hussies and wankers don't have the same impact on me as had the Legends of the Grand Ole Opry to whom I was exposed as the Son of a Twanger Dad. I lived a childhood in central Tennessee, west Texas, and Bossier City, Louisiana; though I tried to grip the popular music of the day, I was exposed to the music my Dad loved...well, he liked C&W enough to pre-program all of his radios for it. Once he retired back in his home town in Pennsylvania, the C&W was replaced by polka. How does a young music-phile reconcile with that?

I have a very eclectic musical taste and enjoy styles ranging from punk to Olde Nashville, with preferences leaning towards modern rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004