Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Mmmm, Food Pr0n

You know that groaning, gurgling sound the submarine from "Operation Petticoat" made? My stomach sounds just like that after seeing Steve Graham's ManCamp cookout over at Hog on Ice. I'm not much of a gourmand myself, limiting myself to microwave bachelor food or the occasional pot of chili. Last night I made my chicken stir-fry, whose recipe I will share with you.

Into a non-stick skillet, drop one piece of boneless frozen chicken breast (two if it's boneless thighs) and two handsful of frozen french fries. Set the heat from 3 to 4 and go back to blogging in the next room. When you can hear the sizzling, return and stir the fries and flip the chicken. Go back to blogreading. After a few minutes, use a rigid non-metal spatula to break the edges off the chicken as it becomes soft enough to do so. Stir the chicken pieces with the fries. Steve would probably drop a blob of beef lard into the pan, but this browns very nicely with just the fat that's sprayed onto the fries at the factory. Add liberal dashes of worcestershire sauce, a few sprinkles of Mrs. Dash, and stir until everything is browned. I usually switch to a nylon spoon at this point because the spatula touched partially raw chicken. Dump onto plate and top with ketchup (gotta have a vegetable). I don't think I'll be invited to ManCamp any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004