Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Men of War 2.0

Working on pre-production for my next movie, Men of War 2.0, an action-fantasy short that will feature a guest appearance by some North Korean combat aircraft, as well as this F-14 Tomcat. My shooting buddy Big Bob did wonders producing two identical aircraft, one with the landing gear down (pictured), the other, gear up. I took delivery of both this weekend. Thanks, Bob!

The bad guys will be two pairs of MiGs (FLOGGERs and FULCRUMs); the kits are in the mail. Getting NKAF decals was another problem. I didn't mind shelling out over ten bucks (including shipping) for a set of 1/48 scale NKAF roundels, but for the 1/72 scale MiG-23, I had to settle for Yugoslavian roundels and hope no one looks too closely. Y'all won't, right? I'll have Bob paint each without identifying bort numbers so one plane can double as his own wing man (so I only needed to buy one of each type).

As far as paint schemes go, the NKAF doesn't show up at western air shows, so I had to resort to Google and Bing Maps to do a little aerial recon for me. Looks like they're still using the bare aluminum scheme they used during the Korean War, which simplifies things greatly.

Now to set up my spare room as a green-screen studio and start experimenting.

Update: Aw, crap, I got outbid on the Yugo decals anyway! It was actually just as easy to buy a 1/72 scale MiG-15 and hoark the decals from the kit.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So USN squadron VF-142 goes to war with the Norks..? Sounds interesting, CB! Keep us airdales up to speed, 'k?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004