Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Invisible Jedi Assassins

While I was trouble-shooting my drip gush irrigation system today, I swear I heard light sabers... and they were close! For a second, I was worried about another Killer Bee infestation (or attack), but I had a fleeting glance of a hummingbird flitting among the branches. Cool!

I'm tempted to get a hummingbird feeder like Mom's and stake it out for a photo shoot, but who knows it they'd ever find it in my backyard from the front yard?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    If you do, get the kind that look like a flat saucer on a wire with a red cover and yellow florets.

    The kind that consist of a clear "jar" with the feeder suspended beneath will leak like mad and attract ants and bees. What happens here in the desert is that the air above the sugar water heats up in the hot sun and pushes down on the liquid, forcing it out and onto your patio. At night it contracts and sucks in air to replace the displaced water. Lather rinse repeat, and within 4-5 days the whole jar is on the patio.

    The saucer shaped ones aren't subject to the same dynamic.

    And they will probably find it eventually wherever you put it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004