Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Karaoke Meme

Even if you can't sing... especially if you can't sing, what song would you like to master at a karaoke bar? A friend and coworker of mine used to wow them at the NCO Club talent contests by wailing out "Try a Little Tenderness," made popular by Otis Redding. Truly electrifying! Of course, the beer he'd spring for at the Skivvy Nine Lounge both before and after the performance were nice.

If I were to ever have the guts to get up to a microphone, I'd do Engelbert Humperdinck's "After the Lovin'." Ladies, don't all throw your panties at me at once -- I'm only one man! Don't make me break into Barry Manilow tunes! I'm saving the Tom Jones stuff for emergencies!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, I totally rule "White Wedding." Nobody--not even Billy Idol--can rock out to that song like I can.

    Just sayin'.

    Marcus

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was always partial to Billy Joel's "Piano Man". We seemed to sing it every weekend at the G-Spot Bar & Grill.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Bob Hawkins said…

    I am so totally lacking in anything in the nature of musical talent that I have never thought about what song I'd like to sing. And now that you've made me think about it, I still got nothing.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only song I know the words to is "Precious Memories"....It never seems to go over real well to a bunch of drunk rednecks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004