Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Still Don't See It

After class today, I dropped by Murphy's Guns on Country Club Ave. to see what I could see. Lotsa EBRs on display! A Saiga 12-gauge looked interesting. They seemed to be doing a normal brisk business for the lunch hour. While I was getting the Ranger serviced at Jiffy Lube, Lisa the Biker Chick hooked me up with the address of Tucson Guns and Western Artifacts (Broadway and Camino Seco). Not very crowded, lots of inventory.

In two days, I've visited four of the biggest gun stores in Tucson during the lunch hour and I was the only person filling out a Form 4473. The only other near-transaction I witnessed was a rancher and his wife deciding against an M-1 Carbine as a neighborhood defense weapon. A buddy of his was a Garand cheerleader... I don't know if he ever decided on anything. His wife was buying -- lucky man. My point is... I'm not seeing the big rush to stock up in the event of a looming Assault Weapons Ban II in my town.

Maybe I'll check out Sportsman's Warehouse tomorrow. I've got the Stang on Thursdays.

Update: My PHX reader Palmer disagrees:

J&G has NO AK style rifles and has filled there showroom w/ Moisen's and SKS's - no tins of 762x39 running low on ammo, and prices rising.
in Phoenix Bear arms has sold 25 ARs in the last few days and quan is low.
mail order sales on mags and ammo are backed up for days.
AIM surplus disconnected there phone for the day (today) so they could catch up.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe cause your town is already packing/hoarding what they'll need.

    Smart folks.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Aha! Maggie Mama said exactly what I was about to say. We're already well equipped.

    Still, I need more ammo...

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    I placed an order by phone with AIM for some 7.62x39 (they hadn't jacked up the price) on Monday...it took me 45 minutes of redialing to get through.

    I'm in on a group order of DoubleStar AR lowers that's gone over 3,000 lowers ordered.

    Both gun stores here in Fayetteville that I called were completely out of lowers.

    One of the other stores here in town was featured on the regional cable news channel Friday or Saturday in a story on the gun rush. Prominently featured several soldiers in ACUs buying ARs and AKs

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Second Amendment Sports had several Bushy Stripped Lowers, a half dozen cheaper DPMS SLs, a S&W M&P15 complete lower. Diamondback had about six DELTON SLs that seemed rather overpriced. Either Tucson gun owners are self actualized or they're too poor to do anything about it.

    Or something.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I can't believe Desert Cat still doesn't have an AR of his own. :)

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bought my 1918 USGI 1911 Colt "Black Army" from Tucson Guns, got it for a great price as well. Not sure they knew what they had or it was a consignment deal. All the parts were correct except for the grips, which I replaced.....

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blob, you should criuse on down to Sorry Vista and try to find a AR platform on any shelf.

    Local store got in 10 or so and they were gone in one business day.

    Tucson has more stores so may be saturated. Down here the rush is on.

    Snagged a DTI-15 myself. Don't like the AR platform but, common ammo with the wife's Ruger.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll stick with my Garand and 1903a3, if I can't get it done with them, I am done for anyway........

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Ha! I'm thinking about adding another AK to my collection. Right now it looks like 7.62x39 is going to be cheaper and easier to come by for a while.

    And a proper hunting rifle in some high power caliber (gotta feed myself when the food riots start in the city).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004