Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Washington's Birthday Match

One match I'd like to try some day is the Washington's Birthday High Power Match at Ben Avery. The Cactus League usually sends a few teams, but Jon and I, long-gun enthusiasts that we are, have never taken the plunge. Must be something about staying still while we're shooting.

Here's some Gun Pr0n viewed at the match, the "quietest and loudest."

The scores are here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    Is that "Flat Dark Earth" or just tan? I'm lookin' at stuff and wondering WhiskeyTangoFluffybunny - which carbine stock should I get?? The SOPMODVLTORCQB, or the CRT? Whaaawhatwhatwhat?

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger ToAsTy! said…

    I am interested in painting my AR, i like how the receiver is painted. Any tips?

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Geez, I have no idea! That AR looks more gray than tan to me. I know as many folks that take their ARs to pro painters; the others just resort to Krylon. Personally, I'm considering Orange Tiger Stripes for my next project.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    Oh, I thought it was one of you-guy's rifles.
    If they're shooting a not-running-around match with a scope it's "F-Class" I think. IMO Garand's with the laminated stocks don't look so good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004