Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Wierdest Things

Remind me of Dad.

When we were kids, we'd watch Dad in his power tool-bedecked shop. "Whatcha makin'?" we'd ask.

"A dead baby box."

Always.

And he wondered why he had to practically force me to take wood shop in high school.

Alphecca reminded me this morning that musician Roy Clark is still pickin' and grinnin'. Dad always watched Hee Haw whenever it was on and I remember being impressed whenever Roy would play something masterful on the guitar, mandolin, or banjo.

Sonuva-BusDriver Update: Tonight Dirty Jobs showed the episode specializing in "tight spaces" where Mike did my Dad's USAF job, crawling around inside KC-135 fuel tanks! It always amazed me that Dad could fit in that tight little hatch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004