Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

World Premiere

Cowboy Blob Productions is proud to present Outtakes from a Silent Western, starring just about everybody on my blogroll (and some who ain't) who's ever posted a pic. This project started out in my head as I was driving cross-country this spring, but I turned out to get twice as many ideas as I was working...not a real good idea when you're working with Flash.

Kirk of Fun Turns to Tragedy gets on the movie poster shot since I had to P-Shop a sneer on him. It's a a tad under 1.5 MB (the ImageShack limit). Please right-click and save, then watch.

I can hardly wait to read what the critics say in the trade papers....

Update: If the audio craps out on you during playback, just close the file and reopen it. I don't know why it does that; it's not reproduceable.

The file is best viewed not at full screen.

If enough people are interested, I'll post a Making of: Outtakes documentary to explain some of my production limitations, and maybe some of the other decisions I made, like "How dare I put the two gay bloggers in a scene and make a joke about it?" Let me address that one right now. This was one of the last-minute inspirations that struck, primarily because working with a limited number of photos, I have very few pics of friends and family in profile, and fewer pics of bloggers in profile...and the picture called for it. Once I had Bug and Jeff in the scene, I pored over my miscellaneous picture files and lucked into a partial profile of Exciteable Andy in a group pic with other bigwig bloggers (I couldn't use Prof. Reynolds because he always wears dorky glasses, and I'd already used the non-period eyewear schtick). I didn't have a joke in mind for the pic at first and "flubbed dialog" schtick isn't nearly as funny as Bug's Dilemma would be. Since both male bodies had lawman badges, the joke wrote itself from there.

I'm always looking for ideas, so if you have some, cough 'em up por favor. I can make ya a Star!

13 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite part was "Ain't I got two of 'em?"

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heck, had I known you were lookin' for western-ish pics, I'd have sent in a shot with the SBH and the 336...

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I actually had enough pics for the ideas I'd come up with...sometimes the pics I found gave me the ideas outright. I have a couple unused because they call for profile shots.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am somebody now! Man that is some scary shit! Nice job....I s that me on Chuck Conners bod?

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Heh. Little Joe Cartwright's.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh......Thats close enuff!

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    You made me the Sherrif! Far out!

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    ******! *** ***** ******, ** **** ****** * ***?

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I freaking LOVE you! That's too damn funny :o) I posted about ya over at AIS too *chuckle*

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger prairie biker said…

    Thanks for letting me know I sent in my picture! Oh, I laughed!

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jerry The Geek said…

    What's wrong with my glasses?

    See, that's why I don't shoot S.A.S. I promised my dear old mother that I would never take up a sport that requires "special shoes".

    Now, "Special Glasses" ... that's a whole 'nother thing.

    Jerry the (most people I know wouldn't recognize me without my shooting glasses and cap) Geek

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger a faith bigger than fear said…

    I LOVE IT! I needed the laugh today too!

    Great Job!!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing like being the bad guy! Woo Hoo...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004