Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cowboy Blob's Gun and Knife Show

As promised, I'll post the Knives of Cowboy Blob once a week, and just for sh*ts and giggles, a different Glock from the Vault with them. We'll see whether I run out of knives before I run out of Glocks.

First up is all about brute force and utility, the Glock 21 in .45 ACP and the USAF Survival Knife by Camillus, maker of fine utility knives. I received (temporary issue) one of these robust knives for the USAF Survival School's combat survival course in Spokane WA. We used this baby for everything except for what you'd really use a knife: splitting firewood mostly. We were also issued a small, muy sharp Camillus pocketknife for skinning our bunnies, cutting parachute cord, etc. I'd already owned one of these work knives, but the course really taught me how to wring out its qualities.

The Glock 21 has a similar niche in my handgun collection. I tried using it in competition, but the larger grip size fatigued my trigger finger with prolonged, repeated use, but I have no trouble shooting the gat on a casual or emergency basis. It's a great open-carry gun for times when having a dozen big, fat .45 ACP rounds on standby seems like a prudent thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said…

    I have a 21C that I really like.
    It's older though, so it doesn't have the attachment rail... :(

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi there, I found an old knife that looks very similar to yours and was just wondering if they are the same. The only markings I can find is on the pomel it says Ontario 5-01, would this be the same knife as yours?
    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004