Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Can't Gitmo Satisfaction

I'm one of the few people in my slice of the political spectrum who is all in favor of closing down the Guantanamo Bay Country Club for Terrorists. My method of closure? Military tribunals and firing squads. If the tribunal finds an AQ detainee guilty of being an unlawful combatant, march Achmed to the wall, offer him a cigarette and a blindfold, and let a squad of Marines perforate his mortal remains in front of the gathered detainees. Get the trial and execution on film and distribute to the terrorist's home country. Offer clemency only if the the detainee coughs up the names and locations of the big fish in their organization, resulting in a kill or capture.

But some don't have the stomach for this.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Right on CB, I've done a couple of posts about that myself, most recently after I finished reading a book about the 2nd SS Pz. Div/Das Reich's march thru southern France to Normandy. (Link whoring):

    http://southernbyblog.blog-city.com/geneva_convention_is_a_dangerous_piece_of_stupidity.htm

    In a purely techincal aspect, the US has the right to execute civilains carrying weapons on the field of battle. I'm sure it would relieve Andrew Sullivan's or that asshat Dick Durbin's angst about cold AC making Michael Moore's buddies' tootsies cold or being forced to play naked Twister.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004