Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Going on at the Homestead

Had another bout of insomnia last night(up till 4-something), but I made up for it with an afternoon nap...but my first attempt at one was interrupted by ferrets slamming around their room. Yeah, I should have been in there supervising, but the Benadryl was telling me otherwise. I never got to slumberland at first because I detected a changed in the weasel racket; I sat up to see the brown figure of Lenny slinking into my room. On my movement, he immediately dashed under the furniture.

I immediately assumed both ferrets had somehow breached the plexiglas, so I dashed out and closed closet doors and the door leading to the laundry room (and the garage). When I got to the other side of the house, Squiggy was still on the other side of the intact plexiglas barrier. I could only guess that Lenny had launched himself to the top of the barrier from the top of a cardboard box which I'd added today for a plaything. I tossed the box further into the room and observed the ferts; Lenny quickly attacked the bottom corner of the plexiglas, so I'm unsure whether he'd popped it out far enough to slink through or leapt over the top.

I've been hovering over my Email for most of the day. My .45 is coming back for the gunsmith today, and my buddy Jon was to pick it up after Ed testfired it (the check is "in the mail"). I've no plans to make the trip up to PHX until next weekend, so I pleaded with Jon to snap a pic and send it to me. Folks...this gun was over 10 years in the making, so imagine my excitement! Now Jon tells me that he snapped a picture, but can't get his digital camera to connect with his computer! Can you imagine my frustration?

Next weekend, I plan to use the Box o' Gun in the match league's 3-Gun practice match. I ought to have a pic of it then and some action photos for you IPSC fans out there. I also hoped to fire the SOCOM 16 "in excitement" for the first time that match.

Update: In lieu of an immediately-gratifying photograph, I begged Jon for a verbose description of Ed Cameron's handiwork:

"A piece of art work. The frame and slide are blended into one seamless tight-fitting ergonomic package. The satin steel finish is beautifully offset by the stylish wooden grips. I can't wait to shoot it."

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Jerry The Geek said…

    Yo, Blobster!

    Tell Ed to ship your old/new 1911 to me in Oregon. I'll take a hi-density, photo gallery digital picture of your new toy and send it to you immediately.

    The photo, not the pistol.

    Then I'll take it (the pistol, not the photo) to the range and sight it in for you. And break it in. Thoroughly.

    I figure I can finish the job in much less than 10 years, and when I'm done with it I'll cheerfully ship it to your chosen FFL holder ... at my expense.

    No, don't thank me. It's the least I can do. After all, we're pals, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004