Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday Furniture



I had intended to end the Furniture Show yesterday, but since I missed the Carnival, I may as well show you my other Chinese SKS, a Type 56 made at Factory 636 in 1973 (according to Simonov.net's FAQ). My other one is a Factory 206 jobbie made in 1970...the factory numbers mean nothing to Western collectors because the Chinese are very tightlipped about their military production. Unlike my plastic-stocked model, this one has no stamping in English identifying 7.62x39, Made in China by Norinco, or Imported by So-and-so. I'd taken the spike bayonet off years ago and reattached it for this picture. I think I'll leave it on.

The buttstock features a spring-loaded capsule containing a field-cleaning kit. When I bought it, it came with a canvas chest bandolier made for holding clips of ammo. I have no use for it, but it's hung around with the rifle for 20-odd years, so it might as well look cool in a picture. I'm sure Head could do better, but I'm trying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004