Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

In the BONEyard for Halloween

The guys at AMARC don't like it when you call their inventory the "Boneyard." These are aircraft "put up on blocks" here in the arid desert to preserve them for the future (there are neighboring scrapyards that disembowel the dead aircraft). AMARC aircraft can be reanimated, much like zombies, only a lot better. They might be tired airframes used as a source of spare parts or they might be fresh off the assembly line, but the services don't have the resources to fly them all. This is the first year I've noticed the B-ONEs here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    My brother works at ARMARC. Very cool to see your site.

    Straight from mudville!

    One of my favorite "cowboyisms" from the great Pale Rider: Are you going to draw those pistols or stand there and whistle dixie?

    that's what I think of Kerry. Whistling our future down the wind. He'd smash the pistols and throw away the bullets in hopes of encouraging the outlaws to do the same. Then he'd act all surprised when he found himself strung up in a dead tree trying to keep his balance on the grave marker of America.

    You're right, if I had to ride with him, I'd make sure he was behind me so I wouldn't get ran over when he turned tail and ran.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004