Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, January 07, 2012

A REAL M-1 Carbine!

My buddy Chief surprised me with a wonderful gifty this weekend, an M-1 Carbine! He knew I had one or two Universal carbines from our days in West Texas a decade or three ago and picked up a little war-era Saginaw M-1 Carbine in a private sale. Since he already had an IBM carbine of comparable quality, he decided to spread the hoplo-happiness to me, rather than start an M-1 menagerie (he is shopping for another gun safe though, so who knows?).






What did Santa bring you?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger danno said…

    Sweeeeet!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Jon said…

    Awesome! That pic is just like old times... only you guys are a little grayer (just like me). Damn. I wish I were there and we were playing Six-gun Shootout or Cosmic Balance, eating some of Chief's grilled potatos and onions

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous ExurbanKevin said…

    VERY nice! That's about as cool as a gift gets!

    I've always loved the M1, and i consider it a much-maligned little weapon.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger cmblake6 said…

    Fine system, less than optimum round. It will work, however.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    I got curious a couple of years back and tried loading .30 Carbine using a Sierra Varminter 110-grain HP; worked out pretty well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004