Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

"Always" Redux



The next movie in my production queue, "Top Shot Audition," won't be ready to premiere tomorrow night at the First Friday Shorts, so I plan to show the re-edit of my Advanced Video capstone movie "Always," starring Rachel Santay. At 7 and a half minutes, it's serious gong-bait, considering the late-night Loft audience usually has a short attention span and somewhat baser taste than a completely mostly sober audience. Wish me a broken leg!

In case those of you have who've seen the original are wondering, I trimmed 30 seconds out of the range montage sequence and reordered some of the action during the shooty-stabby part. Damn, I feel like George Lucas. Stop me before I edit this again!

UPDATE: The Review Here.

I was a little disappointed that the reviewer didn't catch that Lita lost her husband Gary in a separate accident months before losing her mother to her estranged psycho step-father Rick (wonderfully played by my buddy Jon), but that's what I get for having so much exposition in dialogue and not on screen. Still, over-all a good review, so I move on.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    Wow. How is she gonna explain to the cops how he was shot from the front and stabbed from the back simultaneously?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004