Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Summer School

Man, I was really torqued when the college called Friday afternoon to tell me my Geometry/Trig class was canceled due to lack of participation... that torquitude turned to joy when I checked my Degree Planner app and saw that the class was in the Elective column because my score on the math placement test I'd taken to get that class turned out to satisfy my degree requirements. So I'm taking a pay cut because I'm three-quarter time instead of full-time, but I'm just two classes away from Graduation instead of three!

This week, I started History of Western Civilization, where the only thing I really learned was that Mesopotamia consisted of Sumer, Akkad, and Assyria. Well, that and the fact that my class has two smokin' hot Iraqi girls from that area. Oh, and all the other hot chicks. Add the fact that our professor has got a sense of humor and I can safely say that this ought to be an enjoyable half-semester.

On our first day, we had a substitute, who during the icebreaker revealed that she had taught History on Osan Air Base, South Korea. She sure gave me a dirty look when I asked "What Years?" hoping to see if we had some overlap. At least I didn't ask, "During the War?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004